Effective as of DECEMBER 2021
1. LICENSE GRANT. The JLA Site is made available by JLA, and this TOU provides to you a personal, revocable, limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and non-sublicensable license to use the JLA Site conditioned on your continued compliance with this TOU. You may print and download materials and information from the JLA Site solely for your personal use, provided that all hard copies contain all copyright and other applicable notices contained in such materials and information and that you do not further distribute or disclose such materials and information. You may not access or use the JLA Site or any materials through the JLA Site for any commercial or unauthorized purposes.
2. LICENSE GRANT RESTRICTIONS. This TOU is only a license and not an assignment or sale. JLA transfers no ownership or intellectual property interest or title in and to the JLA Site to you or anyone else. Further, JLA reserves all rights not expressly granted by this TOU. Accordingly, you may not modify, translate, decompile, create derivative work(s) of, copy, distribute, disassemble, broadcast, transmit, publish, remove, or alter any proprietary notices or labels, license, sublicense, transfer, sell, mirror, frame, exploit, rent, lease, private label, grant a security interest in, or otherwise use in any manner not expressly permitted here in the JLA Site.
3. USER OBLIGATIONS. By accessing or using the JLA Site, you represent and warrant that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age (or the legal age of majority, whichever is greater) and will, at all times, provide true, accurate, current, and complete information when submitting information or materials on or through the JLA Site, including, without limitation, when you provide information via a JLA Site inquiry form. You may make changes to the information you have provided through the JLA site. If you would like to do so, or would like to unsubscribe from JLA communications, please contact email@example.com. Individuals under the age of eighteen (18) (or the applicable age of majority) may utilize the JLA Site only with the involvement and acceptance of this TOU by a parent or legal guardian. If you are accessing or otherwise using the JLA Site on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind such entity to this TOU and acknowledge that this TOU provides on a single license to use the JLA Site to an individual person. In addition, you agree to abide by all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations with respect to your use of the JLA Site. You also acknowledge and agree that use of the Internet and the JLA Site is solely at your own risk.
4. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. The JLA Site is owned by Jewish Leadership Association. Copyright 2021 © Jewish Leadership Association and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. Any downloadable or printable information or materials available through the JLA Site, unless otherwise indicated, are owned by JLA and/or its licensors. JEWISH LEADERSHIP ACADEMY, JLA, the JLA logo, and all other names, logos, and icons identifying JLA and its software, solutions, products, and services are proprietary trademarks of JLA, and any use of such marks without the express written permission of JLA is strictly prohibited.
5. OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS. Additional notices, terms, and conditions may apply to digital subscription(s), survey participation, payment, SMS (short message service) communication, or participation in a program or event. You agree to abide by such other notices, terms, and conditions, as applicable. If there is a conflict between this TOU and other notices, terms, and conditions posted to the JLA Site, JLA shall resolve any conflict in good faith in its sole discretion, but the latter terms shall generally control with respect to such payment or participation.
6. FEEDBACK. JLA welcomes your feedback and suggestions about JLA’s mission and services, or with respect to how to improve the JLA Site. By transmitting any suggestions, information, material, or other content (collectively, “Feedback”) to JLA, you represent and warrant that you own all rights to such Feedback and the Feedback does not infringe the rights of any third party. In addition, the submission of Feedback will include an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free license for JLA to use such Feedback in any manner, for any purpose in furtherance of JLA’s mission, and in any medium.
8. LINKS TO OTHER SITES. JLA may provide links, in its sole discretion, to other third-party websites and/or provide access to social media platforms. Such other sites, including social media platforms, are maintained by third parties over which JLA exercises no control. These links do not imply an endorsement with respect to any third party or the information, products, or services provided by any third party unless JLA expressly states otherwise.
8. DISCLAIMER. THE JLA SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND MAY INCLUDE ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES. JLA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON INFRINGEMENT. JLA ALSO DISCLAIMS ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE CONTENT, THE MATERIALS, THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION, AND/OR THE QUALITY OF THE INFORMATION OR SERVICES PROVIDED BY OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SITE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ACCESS TO OUR USE OF ANY THIRD-PARTY CONTENT OR SITES.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, YOU EXPRESSLY ABSOLVE AND RELEASE JLA FROM ANY CLAIM OF HARM RESULTING FROM A CAUSE BEYOND JLA’S CONTROL. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT SHALL JLA BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF THE JLA SITE OR WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THE JLA SITE, EVEN IF JLA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, TOTAL LIABILITY OF JLA FOR BREACH OF THIS TOU IS CESSATION OF USE OF THE JLA SITE, AND FOR ANY OTHER REASON RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE JLA SITE WHATSOEVER FOR AN AMOUNT NOT EXCEEDING ONE HUNDRED ($100) DOLLARS. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER, EXCLUSION, OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, LIABILITIES, AND DAMAGES AND, ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS, JLA’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
10. PROHIBITED USES. You may not use the JLA Site or any of JLA’s data, systems, network, or services to engage in, foster, or promote illegal, abusive, or irresponsible behavior including, without limitation, accessing or using JLA’s data, systems, or networks in an unauthorized manner, attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of JLA’s system or network, circumventing any security or authentication measures, monitoring any data or traffic, interfering with any services, collecting or using from the JLA Site email addresses or other identifiers, collecting or using from the JLA Site information without the consent of JLA or the licensor, using any false, misleading, or deceptive TCP-IP packet header information, using the JLA Site to distribute software or tools that gather information, distributing advertisements, or engaging in conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against JLA or its data, systems, or network. Actual or attempted unauthorized use of the JLA Site may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution, including, without limitation, punishment under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 under U.S. federal law. JLA reserves the right to view, monitor, and/or record activity on the JLA Site in order to maintain security of the JLA Site. Such recorded activity is subject to review by law enforcement organizations. JLA will also comply with all court orders or subpoenas involving requests for information. JLA reserves the right at any time to suspend or terminate operation of or access to the JLA Site or any portion of the JLA Site.
11. INJUNCTIVE RELIEF. You agree that JLA shall be entitled, in addition to other available remedies, to seek and be awarded an injunction or other appropriate equitable relief from a court of competent jurisdiction restraining any breach, threatened or actual, of your obligations under any provision of this TOU. Accordingly, you hereby waive any requirement that JLA post any bond or other security in the event any injunctive or equitable relief is sought by or awarded to JLA to enforce any provision of this TOU.
12. TERM AND TERMINATION. This TOU will take effect (or re-take effect) at the moment you check the box certifying that you have read, understand, and agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the JLA Site, respond through the JLA Site to a request for information, and/or begin downloading, accessing, or using the JLA Site, whichever action or event is earliest. JLA reserves the right at any time and on reasonable grounds to deny your access to the JLA Site or to any portion thereof and this TOU will also terminate automatically if you fail to comply with its terms and conditions, subject to the survival rights of certain provisions identified below. Termination will be effective without prior notice. You may also terminate this TOU at any time by ceasing to use the JLA Site, but all applicable provisions of this TOU will survive termination, as identified below, and each re access or use of the JLA Site will reapply this TOU (then in effect) to you. The provisions concerning JLA’s proprietary rights, Feedback, disclaimers (of warranty), limitations of liability, waiver and severability, entire agreement, injunctive relief, and governing law will survive the termination of this TOU for any reason.
13. GOVERNING LAW. The JLA Site is controlled and operated by JLA from its offices within the United States. This TOU has been made in and will be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of Florida as applied to agreements entered into and completely performed in Florida. Any action to enforce this TOU will be brought in the courts presiding in Florida, and all parties to this TOU expressly agree to be subject to the jurisdiction of such courts. Access to the JLA Site may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the JLA Site from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws. A printed version of this TOU and of any related notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings.
14. WAIVER & SEVERABILITY. No waiver by JLA of any right under this TOU will be deemed to be either a waiver of any other right or provision or a waiver of that same right or provision at any other time. If any part of this TOU is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers, venue, claim, and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most clearly matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of this TOU shall continue in effect.
15. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. No joint venture, partnership, employment, affiliate, or agency relationship exists between you and as a result of this TOU or your utilization of the Site. This TOU represents the entire agreement between you and JLA with respect to use of the JLA Site and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral, or written between you and JLA with respect to the JLA Site. You may not assign or transfer any rights under this TOU without the prior written consent of JLA. Please note that JLA reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of this TOU by posting a revised TOU or providing notice of revisions to you. Your continued use of the JLA Site following any announced change will be conclusively deemed acceptance of any change to the terms and conditions of this TOU. Accordingly, please review this TOU periodically.
15. CONTACT. If you have questions regarding the JLA Site or if you are interested in obtaining more information concerning JLA, please contact JLA, 21500 Biscayne Blvd #700, Aventura, FL, 33180 (305) 306-2660, or firstname.lastname@example.org .