Effective Date: [January 7th, 2022]
When using our Site, you may voluntarily provide personal information about yourself and others to JLA. This may include information such as your name, contact information, or additional information you choose to provide to us. For example, we may collect this information when you send us an inquiry or contact us for any other purpose.
Additionally, you may choose to provide personal information about JLA students, prospective students, and other individuals interested in JLA, such as their names, extracurricular interests, and educational information. We may collect this information, for instance, when you submit an admission inquiry.
We (or third parties as described below) may also collect technical information about your visit to our Site, such as your domain name, IP address, browser type, device identifier, activities on the Site, and date and time of your visit. We may use your IP address to derive your device’s general location.
We may use the information we collect for any lawful purpose, including the following:
- To provide JLA’s services, including to process applications for admission;
- To respond to your inquiries and requests;
- To provide updates, surveys, and other content that may be of interest to you;
- To fundraise;
- For business purposes, such as analytics, research, advertising and marketing, payment processing, and operational purposes;
- To maintain, operate, customize, and improve the Site;
- To comply with law enforcement and maintain the security of our Site and JLA; or
- As otherwise disclosed at the time of collection or use.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may share the personal information we have collected through the Site with other parties including, to the extent permitted by law:
- With volunteers, contractors, consultants, and other third-party service providers that we use to support JLA and provide services including academic, enrollment, tuition, fundraising, and communications or marketing services;
- With our teachers and other employees of the JLA;
- With accreditation, oversight, and research authorities;
- As part of a sale, merger or acquisition, or other transfer of all or part of our assets including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding;
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or as otherwise required or requested by law, regulation, or government and oversight authorities, or to protect our rights or the rights or safety of third parties, including in connection with a health or safety emergency and in connection with disciplinary proceedings; or
- With your consent (on behalf of yourself or as a student’s parent/guardian) or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
We may share information that has been de-identified or aggregated without restriction.
We may work with third parties that collect data about your use of the Site and other sites or apps over time for non-advertising purposes. JLA uses Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of the Site and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our Site, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Third-Party Tools and Links
The Site also includes integrated social media tools or “plug-ins,” such as social networking tools offered by third parties. If you use these tools to share personal information or you otherwise interact with these features on the Site, those companies may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such information with the general public.
Your interactions with third-party companies and your use of their features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide those features. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies of any accounts you create and use.
To opt out of our email marketing, you can use the link provided at the bottom of each marketing message. If you opt out of our email marketing, we will still send you messages related to our transactions and relationship with you, such as information about your child’s application to JLA.
If our information practices change, we will post these changes on this page. We encourage you to visit this page periodically to learn of any updates.